Dated: June 04, 2011
Looking forward to your future items of SYW I present a 500 figures diorama of Russian attack on Prussian coastal fortress of Colberg (where I actually live). The episode of the night 18/19 Sep 1761 was an attack against Green Redoubt defended by 300 Prussian musketeers with four 3pdr cannons. The attack was launched by 600 grenadiers of Russian Kievsky and Voroneshsky Regiments (400 and 200 respectively) supported by a handful of Cossacks as scouts. The attack was a success. The number of figures is only 1/2 of actual number of soldiers, what is seldom shown. All the Russians wear an unique grenadier casque, which (300 of them) I made by myself.
I would also like to present other periods, like 3,000 figure Teutoburger Forest 8 AD (over 20 different HAT sets), and:
- Polish Napoleonic campaign 1806/7 in East Prussia
- Polish September Campaign 1939 (Your French WW1 cavalry is superb and ideal for '39, as are the guns Mle97, Russian 02 and Austrian Skoda 100mm howitzer!)
- Boer War (based on HAT items)
- early Polish wars against German Empire 962-1109 with Gothic and Reconquista HAT figures)
- cavalry clashes in 1812 campaign (French, Polish, Wurttemberg & Prussian cavalry against Russians)
Hope you will accept the approach of mass employment of figures, together with small actions.
Many thanks to Mr. Plewako.
www.hat.com and www.hat72.com - All rights reserved. Any unauthorized or commerical use of content or images are violations of applicable laws and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any trademark usage or proprietary images on this page are only for the purposes of review or such, and is considered fair dealing and permissible under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act, 1988 (UK). Copyright 2011.