Dated: May 28, 2010
About a month ago I asked a question on the forum about the Leipzig bridge 1813. With the benefit of help, particularly from Thomas Mischak, I have attempted to make the bridge.
The plan is for the bridge to:
* be sort of accurate, without gettin gtoo involved in detail - after all it is only for a wargame;
* be in 2 parts, so that mid-game we can blow the bridge;
* wide enough to allow units 6cm wide to cross;
* be substantial enough to "look the part";
* not be too big, so as not to take up too much space.
To accomodate this, I gave it a steep angle, so it would fit lengthwise.
So, with that preamble, attached are photos. As Donald Briwn has the houses, I just put the bridge across a field, nowhere near town. On "fight-day" he will bring houses. My Napoleonics are not yet my best work, so please forgive the half-painted, not based jobs. The aim to to show the bridge.
Many thanks to Mr. Robinson.
www.hat.com - www.hat72.com - All rights reserved. Any unauthorized or commerical use of content or images are violations of applicable laws and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any trademark usage or proprietary images on this page are only for the purposes of review or such, and is considered fair dealing and permissible under the Copyright, Design and Patents Act, 1988 (UK). Copyright 2010.